Friday, November 6, 2015

He Trains My Hands

The end of the week is here we have wrapped up a long week so hear are some words of encouragement to help us ALL reflect on Read: Exodus 4:10-17 Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 37-39; Hebrews 3 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. —Psalm 144:1 When former NBA player David Wood was playing for Taugrés de Baskonia, I was with him at a Spanish Basketball Cup final. Before one game, he read Psalm 144:1: “Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.” He turned to me and said, “You see? It’s as if God has written this verse just for me! He trains my hands to catch rebounds and my fingers to shoot!” David felt called to play basketball and had learned that God takes us as we are and enables us to do what He calls us to do. We can easily dismiss ourselves as having little use to God because we feel we have nothing to offer. When God appeared to Moses and assigned him the task of telling the Israelites that He would deliver them from the Egyptians (Ex. 3:16-17), Moses felt inadequate. He said to the Lord, “I have never been eloquent . . . . I am slow of speech and tongue” (4:10). Perhaps Moses had some kind of speech impediment, or he was just afraid, but God overcame his inadequacy with His sufficiency. God said, “Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say” (v. 12). All God wants from us is to follow His plans. He will sort out the rest. In His mighty hands, you can be a blessing to others. —Jaime Fernández Garrido Here I am, Lord, ready to serve You in whatever way You desire. Lead me. Dr. Jaime Fernández Garrido is director of the evangelical radio and television program Born Again God’s call to a task includes His strength to complete it. INSIGHT: When God called Moses to deliver the Jews from Egyptian bondage, Moses protested and offered various reasons why he was not the right candidate for the job (Ex. 3). He questioned his own identity (v. 11), his lack of authority (v. 13), and his credibility and acceptability (4:1). God responded by assuring Moses of His power and presence (4:1-9). Moses then continued his protest, saying he lacked eloquence and was “slow of speech and tongue" (v. 10). But God assured Moses He would enable him to speak powerfully and effectively (v. 12). Running out of excuses, Moses asked God to “send someone else” (v. 13). He was angry with Moses for his lack of trust and being unwilling to take up the assignment (v. 14). God told Moses that He would enable him to do what He called him to do. Sim Kay Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment