Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Remembering Selena 20 Years Later 1995-2015

20 Years ago Today, Today Marks the day Tejano Superstar Selena Quintanilla Perez was gun down by her Fan Club President Yolanda Saldivar on March 31, 1995 WOW! I can't believe it's been 20 years since we have lost Selena as I take a moment to reflect on her life and her music career I am Thankful for ALL she as done even 20 years later many people may not know this but SELENA is my SHERO and I have always looked up to her as an African American Women I am so PROUD of her Grace, Integrity, Character and Personality she is the reason why I LOVE speaking Spanish. What I also LOVE about Selena she was PROUD to be Mexican America the way she would sing with conviction, attitude, and passion you could feel it that is the reason why I made a promise to myself that I would ALWAYS Keep her Memory and Legacy alive as long as I lived. Selena has been an inspiration in my life and I am so looking forward to Celebrating her life and legacy on this Day. I do remember the day I heard Selena on the Radio the song was Bidi Bidi Bom Bom from her Amor Prohibido album her voice was AMAZING! I was hooked from then on. On March 31, 1995 I remember that tragic day I turned on the TV and I was flipping through the channels and I so happen to STOP on Univision to see the Breaking News that Selena had been gun down by her fan culb President Yolanda Saldivar I could NOT believe what just happened my Heart was feel with sadness and mixed emotions but what I LOVE and what stood out is how ALL of us Fans got together in unity to remember a Legend in Tejano Music. Many may ask me what I LOVE most about Selena it was her Smile and Laughter it always made me feel like anything is Possible and her laughter I LOVED when Selena would laugh because it was so contagious that you would start laughing yourself what I also LOVED about her was her REALNESS she was always so Down to earth NEVER letting fame and fortune get the best of her I LOVE they was he would engage with her fans talking, laughing taking picture's with her fans. YES! On this day I am Celebrating and Remembering the Beautiful life of Selena. Siempre Selena! Selena Remembered 20 Years After Her Death Nearly 20 Years After Her Tragic Murder, Rising Superstar Selena's Legacy Is Remembered Selena Quintanilla Special Un Nuevo Dia 30.03.2015 Special Selena Vive 2015 The Real Show - Tribute Selena 2015 Selena - Mexican American Music of Today - Mi Musica with Selena Quintanilla - Part 1 Selena - Mexican American Music of Today - Mi Musica with Selena Quintanilla - Part 2 Selena Live Disco Medley Last Concert 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment