Sunday, September 11, 2011

Surviving September 11th 10 years later


As I reflect on September 11th I was a young 19 year old who had just graduated from High School trying to find my way in life the night before I was listening to music and asking God what is it that you would have for me to do in this life. I remember waking up to my mother screaming "There is something going on in New York with the Twin Towers" as I awoke to that scream I turned on the TV to Good Morning America and they were reporting that the Twin Towers have been stuck as I was gazing at the TV I couldn't believe what was taking place. I turned to the next channel and I was staring at a picture of the twin towers falling as I was watching it play over and over on the tv I was shock, upset, scared, questionable as to why this was happening in a America. As the reporting continued they also stated the the Pentagon had been stuck, then another plane had went down in a field in Pennsylvania my mind couldn't wrap around what was going on all I keep thinking was is this the end of the world and if so I was ready to go, but it wasn't when I heard that are then President, President Bush had grounded everything I felt for a minute that it wasn't the end of the world just a distraction to tear us down but America got stronger through our Faith and understanding of one another. Now 10 years later we are Stronger, Better, Wiser in our Faith in God and each other the million we've lost on September 11th are not lost or even forgotten BUT they are remembered for there heroinism.There is a song that come to mind when I think about September 11th by a Gospel singer by the name of Hezekiah Walker and the Love Fellowship Choir and I dedicated this 2 ALL the September 11th Survivors.

Hezekiah Walker and the Love Fellowship Choir- We Made It

No comments:

Post a Comment